Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good stuff

I was going to finish the account of the river Itchen today, but the ITM press has had to be held for some very good news. I had a phone call last night from the staff at a major Scottish university to tell me that the orchestral piece I'd submitted to their competition had been shortlisted in the final four. Whether I win overall or not, it will now be performed on 21st April this year as part of their 600th anniversary celibrations by the Music Society orchestra, which actually feels like the more valuable prize. What's more is that the judging panel has some pretty big names on it, including Sally Beamish, so I'm getting my work seen by professionals.

Now all that remains is to send the parts and book a Southampton-Edinburgh flight (and finish the orchestral piece for my old uni orchestra).

No comments: